Skip to content

Help: Where can I get a Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN)?

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) issues Federal Employer Identification Numbers (FEIN). Applications may be completed online OR you can request form SS-4 (FEIN application) and instructions by calling the IRS at 1-800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829-3676).

The IRS also provides information on the Internet about who must have an FEIN and how to get one. See the IRS website for other helpful employer tax information.

Feedback and Knowledge Base