Skip to content

Relocating: How does moving out of Missouri affect my unemployment benefits?

The unemployment claim should be filed with the state in which you physically worked. If you performed the work in Missouri you will file a claim in Missouri.  

You can always file a claim online through UInteract or call a Regional Claims Center (RCC) at the phone numbers below. A claims specialist will be able to assist you with your questions and help determine eligibility for benefits. Moving out of State will not affect your eligibility for unemployment benefits from Missouri.  If you relocate to another state you will be required to visit a Workforce Office in that State to register for work but if you continue to seek full-time employment in your new State of residence you should continue to be eligible to receive unemployment benefits from Missouri. 

If your address changes, update it by calling a Regional Claims Center (RCC).

Feedback and Knowledge Base